Sunday 16 September 2012

Pin up Teacher card

The image from Sassy Studio Designs this week is called Pin Up Teacher.  The challenge can be found here:
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/sassystudiodesigns/forum/topics/fabulous-freebie-friday-9-14-12-and-challenge
I am also entering my card in the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles:
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/challenge-136-flowers.html

I have to admit that my card only has one flower though!

I created the background using several shades of orange Distress Ink pads applied with a shaving brush.  I then overstamped the background with an acrylic Thank You stamp and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  The image is Pin Up Teacher from Sassy Studio Designs - coloured with my copics mainly in the YR tonings.  The orange grosgrain ribbon has a layer of peachy coloured lace over it and then the addition of a copic coloured ribbon flower.  The petals have been coloured using YR07 and the pearls with a lighter shade (forgot to note the number).  The sentiment is from TLC Creations and I felt it was appropriate for a Thank You card for a special teacher.  I have added some light peachy coloured pearls (the colour doesn't really show up in the photo though!)






4 comments:

  1. Thanks to joining us at the Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome. And thank you so much the comments on my new header. It was a fun, fun twist of an old favorite. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. So creative design. I have worked for the Plastic Cards Printing and designing company and this design inspire me so much. I really appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete