Friday 27 November 2020

X is for ....

This is yet another letter of the alphabet that I don't have copic markers, Promarkers or Distress Inks beginning with the letter prompt.  So for X, I have resorted to using colours from FaceMedia and matching as close as I can.

Beccy has acknowledged that this is a difficult letter to work with and to interpret it loosely, so as per previous years I have found images with an X on them (usually on a button).  Every image that I have used in this X-Fold Card has an X on it.

When I was going through the store finding the links to add them to the post, I discovered that Grumpy Goose and Finn's Bells also have an X on them.  Among the free images there is also Frank The Snowman and Snowman with Holly.  Maybe next year I can change the images I use (if I remember!). 

This is another letter which unsurprisingly only has one tutorial for it, but it is such a fun card to make that I don't mind making it every year (and quite often in between as well!).  The only tricky bit with it is ensuring that the edges match perfectly otherwise it doesn't look that great when folded up - I did that the first time I made one and learned from it.






I have used the following X items:
X-Fold Card - Tutorial from Beccy's Place

X on button - image from Beccy's Place (Tied Up With String)

X on bells - image from Beccy's Place (Dasher and Dancer)

X on button - image from Beccy's Place (Jolly Gingerbread - Free Image)

X on button - image from Beccy's Place (Tied Up With String)

X on button - image from Beccy's Place (Bobbie Snowman - Free Image)

Xanthic - Face Media colour

Xanadu - Face Media colour

Xitetic - Face Media colour

Xxxtentacion - Face Media colour

Xylophone - Face Media colour


I would like to enter:
Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards - X is for..
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2020/11/day-27-x.html

CCC Digi Creations - Christmas Is On It's Way
https://cccdigicreations.blogspot.com/2020/11/challenge-120-christmas-is-on-its-way.html

Holly & Ivy Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
http://thehollyandivychristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/11/challenge-84-anything-christmas-goes.html

8 comments:

  1. You've put a lot of work in this card! It's beautiful and a lot to see and your a star in finding letters for every challenge :)
    Enjoy your day,
    Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! For the moment I did not decided what to do!
    May be in the morning...
    All the best, Suze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were going to say your "X" is formed by the crossed over candy canes Suze... that's the first thing I saw. Well done on finding all the other little "X"s in the images, that's definitely thinking outside the box. You've done a great job with the fold too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I read your post - I'll have to remember to look for little x's in the images for next year. I love the x card you've made. This look like it took some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super project Suze. I agree - an exhausting time of the year. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. X-traspecial card! That is my word and I am sticking to it -never made this type of card - looks like LOTS of work but oh so lovely - you did a fabulous piece of art here! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful Christmas card, thanks for playing along with us at THAIC.

    ReplyDelete