Saturday 17 November 2012

Reuse recycle

This week I found a new challenge.  It's current theme is to recycle:
http://justsomelinesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/reduce-reuse-recycle.html

I seem to be a hoarder type person - keep things as they might come in handy!  Only trouble is I don't keep them in one place and then can't find them!  I had a hunt around and came up with these things:




Then set to work to see what I could use.  As you can see, I used two of the items from the photograph but then found something else when I was creating.


Just in case it isn't obvious - the two items that I used are the drinking chocolate container and the ice-cream stick.  The additional item is the glittery lime green rectangle.  This is the scrap piece from a buckle die-cut.  When I die-cut the buckles for another card I ended up with these rectangles from the centres.  I just couldn't throw them away as I figured I would find a use for them at some stage!

The image that I have used is the freebie from the challenge and is by Just Some Lines.  It is called Tea Party.

Now here is a look from the front of the container:


I'm still not sure whether I am going to use the container with or without the lid.  Without the lid, I could store taller items like paintbrushes but I do have a lot of crafty bits that could do with being stored in a lidded container and I've used Distress Inks in a purple and pink range that would allow me to use this lid with the container.




3 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a clever idea! You really got into the spirit of the challenge! I love, love, love this adorable container! I have to admit, I really like the pink lid, I would have trouble taking that off. This is a wonderful project! Thank you for playing along with the Just Some Lines Deign Team this week!

    Hugs,

    Chriss
    Just Some Lines - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - thank you so very much for using the freebie to create a project for our Reduce, Reuse, Recycle challenge at Just Some Lines. :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project and so useful.The colours are so pretty - just perfect for this sweet image.You sound like me.Always collecting stuff and then not being able to find it!Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines.Hope to see you again next time :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete