Tuesday 28 January 2014

Kitty Canister

I drink a lot of Drinking Chocolate but don't like to throw away the lovely canisters.  I decided that whenever possible this year, I would try to decorate some of them.  This is my first one for this year!



I am entering my canister into the following challenges:
Ike's World - Anything Goes
http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2014/01/challenge-9-anything-goes.html
Peppercus Designs - Anything But a Card (at least I think that is what it says!!!)
http://peppercus-design-challengeblog.blogspot.de/2014/01/challenge-25-bis-14022014.html

I have painted my canister with White Gesso and then acrylic paint.  The image is from Ike's World and has been coloured with copic markers E02, Y38, Y35.   I have added some Glossy Accents to the cat's eyes.  I have some large rhinestones that I bought some time ago that I often find too large for cardmaking (I think they may have been in a pack of mixed sizes).  They were perfect to add some sparkle to the canister.  I also added some Stickles - Copper to the canister.  I also used washi tape as a border at the top and bottom of the canister.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute kitty! And great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he looks great on there :-D I save all those (and other things hee hee ) too. !! You never know when they might come in useful :-D
    Thank you very much for playing along at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eine shöne idee . Danke fur deine teilnahme bei peppercus Gr Gea Bogema

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sehr schön und praktisch, toll.

    Vielen Dank deine Teilnahme an der Peppercus Challenge.

    Liebe Grüße!

    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sehr schön geworden.
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei Peppercus.
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sehr praktisch und sehr schön!
    Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme an der Peppercus Challenge.

    Liebe Grüße!
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete