Thursday 16 January 2014

The Hanging Tree

I started making this card to fit a few challenges......but the backlog of stuff I am working through from when I was away isn't making much progress!  Time is getting away on me just that little bit too quickly.  However, I think I will manage to make the cut-off dates for at least one of the challenges!

I am entering the card into the following challenges:
Card Makin Mamas - Anything Goes
http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.co.nz/2014/01/cmm78-anything-goes-sponsored-by-art-by.html
Musically Challenged - Song From A Movie
http://musicallychallengedchallenge.blogspot.gr/2014/01/challenge-16.html


I just discovered that the Link-up for the challenge at Little Miss Muffet is still showing as open so have added that one in too:
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/01/challenge-76-sketch-happy-new-year.html

I have used some black abstract type paper from Spyder's Corner for the background.  I printed out a bit of the lyrics from "The Hanging Tree" which comes from the movie "The Hunger Games".  I haven't actually seen the movie but my teenage daughter is familiar with it.  I included an image of a tree from Little Miss Muffet Stamps (one of the challenges that I missed the deadline on!!).  The layout is also based on the sketch for that challenge.  The other image that I have used is from Sassy Studio Designs and is called Katniss on Fire which I coloured with copic markers.  I also swiped a Distress Ink pad (Black Soot) over the two panels behind the front image to try and portray the mood of the song - not sure if I quite pulled that off though!  The twine was a suggestion from my daughter - to represent the hanging rope!

1 comment: