Saturday 3 August 2013

Monochromatic Scene

I've kept to a non-traditional colour scheme for this one:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
CHNC - Snowman or Snowwoman (background paper)
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/chnc-135-snowmen-or-women.html
CRAFT - Monochromatic colour scheme
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-218-1st-of-august.html
CHNC - Anything Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/chnc-challenge-extra-for-august.html
Trimgym - Anything Goes
http://trimgymsdigistampsandimages.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/august-challenge-anything-goes.html

I derived the colour scheme from the image.  At one point, I thought about adding a colourful DP but then decided that would pull away from the image.  Then I came across a monochromatic challenge - so that sorted that one!!

I have used a background paper from Trimgym for this card.  The wide grosgrain ribbon is some that I bought on clearance a while back and still had the packet unopened!  I added a couple of silver glitter domes to it.  The image is from Delicious Doodles and looks good with little added to it.  I have added a bit of Stickles - Frosted Lace to the image but otherwise has been left as it was. 




5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, you are well on your way for Christmas.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that DD image - another super card for my CHNC challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely image Suze, I just love the monochromotic colouring, it makes things look so stylish. Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chilly monochrome look to this card and love the imathanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.this week
    Carol GDT(Aug)xge -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image, and it looks super as a monochromatic card. Had a very vintage touch I think. TFS & I'll be joining as your newest follower, hope you'll find time to visit me as well. Followed you from Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas.

    ReplyDelete