Sunday 16 March 2014

Vintage Father's Day

When I was growing up, my Dad used to take my brother and I to see museums with old cars such as this one.  Often there would be old number plates up on the walls of the museums.  Those memories are the inspiration behind this card:



I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays - For A Man
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/challenge-197-cards-for-boyman.html
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything But Square
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/challenge-214-anything-but-square.html
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/qkr-stampede-challenge-79-anything-goes.html

I have used a background paper from Kaisercraft - Garage Days.  The image is from QKR Stampede and has been coloured with copic markers C3, C0, B02, B05, YR23.  The sentiment is from Netty's Cards and has been raised using mount tape from Scotch.  I used black cardstock from Rosie's Studio for matting.

4 comments:

  1. This is just a terrific guy card! Love your coloring and the background of license plates is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at QKR Stampede this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and that paper is perfect for this card. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes." Good Luck.

    Karal DT for QKR Stampede
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this masculine card!
    Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete