Wednesday 22 August 2012

A Christmas Box

The latest challenge at CRAFT Challenge is Box:
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/craft-challenge-168-box.html

I had made a box in a class but couldn't find where I'd put the template for it.  So not to be beaten, I googled box templates on the internet and found this one:
http://dreamlandmagic.soniacjensen.com/christmas/christmas_gift_box_craft.html

Sonia had made hers from recycled Christmas Cards but I have printed the template onto red cardstock and then covered it with paper from Trimgym.  The image is Santa - also from Trimgym - which I have coloured with my copic markers to co-ordinate with the paper.  I have also added some red and white lace.


This box is like an over-sized matchbox.  At this stage, my plan is for it to sit amongst the tree branches on the Christmas tree.  However, I did have a thought of making some more and using it as an advent calendar.   Only time will tell whether that gets any further than a thought!!!  It is big enough to hold something inside without it feeling like a daunting task to fill it.


No comments:

Post a Comment