Tuesday 7 August 2012

Open it Up

For this challenge, ABC Christmas Challenges, asked us to open it up:
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/o-for-open-it-up.html

I decided that I would make a triptych card for this one.  So, I went in search of a template and found one at ruthannzaroff.  I printed it out and my computer managed to re-size it and it wouldn't meet in the middle!  After several attempts at re-setting the printing options, I finallly got it to work:



And now to open it up and see inside:



I used quite a few things in creating this card.

The image is one from Eiglassing called Merlin mesmerising a Chocolate Santa! Apparently, Merlin is her own dog.  I have coloured Merlin and the tree using my copic markers.  The background paper is from Bearly Mine Designs.  I have overstamped this with the Merry Christmas sentiment that came with Cardmaking in Easy Steps magazine.  The satin ribbon used to tie the card together has been threaded through some holly eyelets that I bought from a closing down sale a few years back and haven't used.

The inside of the card has been sponged with Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo.  I have cut out some baubles using a Spellbinders die and also punched a lace eyelet border using a Martha Stewart punch.  The stamp is a rubber stamp from a New Zealand company called Hastings Art Stamps.

After missing the deadline on the last couple of ABC Challenges, I'm happy to have finished this one in time.




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love the way you've used the ribbon to tie the card closed!
    Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card love the shape! Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our O for Open it up Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card shape. Thanks for playing along at the ABC Christmas challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete