Sunday 5 August 2012

Lots of Layers

The challenge at Whoopsi Daisy is all about layers:
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/lots-of-layers.html

I'm hoping I didn't get too carried away with all those layers but I had fun doing this card.

Layer one is the pinky orange paper that you can see of the top left of the card
Layer two is the orange paper - a strip on the left hand side.
Layer three is the patterned paper with bird cage and butterflies over it

Here is where it gets tricky to describe the layers

The flower is five layers including the rhinestone in the centre.  The butterfly is also layered over the bottom layer of the flower.

The image from Whoopsi Daisy has been coloured with copics and then cut out and layered onto the pink of Layer one.  I have then used mounting foam to raise this above Layer Three.

Layers Two and Three are from DCWV - The Mariposa Matstack.  Layer One may be too but I can't find it in there so if it is it was the last piece in the matstack!  I should write it down when I take them out but that would be too easy wouldn't it!

The flower has been cut from some paper from a paper scraps pack.  The butterfly is a pre-layered foam butterfly - the flower rhinestone was already on the butterfly.

3 comments:

  1. You did great with all the layers Suze! I love the colours you have chosen and your flower is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Lots Of Layers’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great thank you for playing along at WD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet card, I love your pretty papers and embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete