Monday 25 June 2012

A friendship card

Sassy Studio Designs has a progressive relay over at their blog:
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/sassy-in-city-relay-charlotte-sassy.html

And girls, I'm in my slippers sipping hot chocolate!  If you don't know what that comment refers to then check out the link above!

I thought I was going to have difficulty with this one but somehow when I printed Charlotte out and got out some of my stash, it all came together.  It's a little bit different for me as there is not a patterned paper anywhere!!!


I used the Sassy Studio Designs image - sassy Charlotte who was part of this particular challenge.  I coloured her using copic markers E000 for the skin, G000 for the dress and shoes, YR61 for her hair and RV13 for her lips.  The sentiment that I have used is one from Digital Doodling.

I have cut both the image and sentiment using different sized dies from the small oval set and small scallop oval set from Spellbinders.  The scallop mats have been coloured using G000 to blend with the dress and lace.    The lace is some that I bought recently but the flowers I have had for some time but they matched the lace beautifully.

I must admit that I had trouble leaving white space on the card as I'm not good at that but I have resisted the temptation to fill that area.  I think it looks better with the white space - it's just I have a habit of filling any spaces!

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next image in the relay is and hope that I can manage to upload everything on time.  I have a rather slow internet connection at the moment so I have to have patience (not good at that either!!).

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card Suze love the blue and green. Thank you for joining us over at SSD - Sassy in the City Relay.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is so cute! I love how soft it is. That light blue is so pretty. Great added flowers.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty soft card. Thanks for playing along!!

    Mary
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, Suze! I love all the white space... It's very "Charlotte"! Your lace is lovely and I really like the hint of blue! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs for our Sassy in the City relay! Your next image will be e-mailed to you between 10-11:59pm EDT on June 25th. :)
    {hugs}
    Regan
    SSD Design Team and PCP Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...hot chocolate! Sounds ab fab! =D Your card is just lovely. I like how you colored the edges of the lace...it's the perfect touch. I'm so happy you decided to play along with the Sassy in the City relay. Good luck!!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool card, Suze.................Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo sweet!! Love the soft colours you've used!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SSD - Sassy in the City Relay and good luck..

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job. I don't miss pattern paper at all. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining our SSD relay.

    Rebecca
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty and soft. Love the red hair! Thanks for joining the Sassy in the City relay. Can't wait to see your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a beautiful job on this card! I LOVE the CAS design! Your coloring, the ribbon and flowers along with the sentiment came together beautifully!
    Thank you for joining us in the Sassy in the City Relay! Looking forward to see what you created with the next Sassy City Lady!
    Ruza - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so beautiful! I love the white and blue and those cute added flowers.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice!! Love the colors!

    Christy
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete