Wednesday 27 June 2012

Glittery party card

This is the challenge at Meljens Designs:
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/challenge-115-sketch-challenge.html
And this is my take on it:


I quite enjoy working with sketches and this one just seemed to come together.

I used the Meljens Design image - patriotic bear.  However, I wanted to make him more of a party bear as I live in New Zealand and don't have much use for an American bear on my cards - sorry!  I liked the image though so thought if I used a two colour scheme I could make him look more party-like!  I think I succeeded.  The card uses both green and yellow glitter cardstock and the base card has been covered in two different pearlescent cardstocks - bit hard to see in the photo.

The sentiment is one from Trimgym and has been cut using a Sizzix die.  The image, matt and large circle have been cut using Spellbinders dies and the smaller circles are cut with Carl Craft punches.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card! I like how you colored him!

    Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge at Meljen's Designs!

    ~ Di

    ReplyDelete