It is windy enough here today to probably go fly a kite.....but....this post is about the latest challenge at Jellypark Friends:
And here is the card that I created for it:
This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I first started creating this card but I was in a bit of a random mood when I sat down to work on it and this is the end result!
For some reason I decided to get out the distress inks and a shaving brush and stipple all over the die cut image. The colours that I used were mustard seed, wild honey and spiced marmalade. When I cut the oval for the matt using one of my Spellbinders oval dies, I cut it in white and then swiped the spiced marmalade distress ink across it - hence the randomness of colour on the matt. I added some copic colouring to the die-cut - E41 to the hedgie, YG11 for the grass, YR07 and BV13 to the kite and YR61 to the mushrooms and flowers. The image that I used for this card is one from Spyders Corner.
The background papers I used were some more from my stash. I have hoarded heaps of paper and now making myself use some of it! I cut the papers on the diagonal to tie in with the kite theme and laid a piece of orange grosgrain ribbon across the join. The bow has been constructed from some ribbon cord that I found in my local discount store last week. The cord is a rainbow one which changes colours regularly along it's length.