Saturday 28 July 2018

Joy

This is the first of several posts today for the week long challenge at Catch The Bug.  This is the project that has been taking most of my time.  I wanted to get it completed before I blogged any of these.

I have repurposed a cigarello tin that my Mum found when clearing out her house in preparation for moving.  She was going to throw it out but I told her that I had a use for it.  I now need to show her why I kept it!



I would like to enter:
Catch The Bug - Christmas in July Day 3
https://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/2018/07/bugaboo-christmas-in-july-day-3.html
Holly & Ivy Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
http://thehollyandivychristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/06/challenge-32-anything-christmas-goes.html
Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/2018/07/challenge-194-anything-goes.html

I painted the tin with white gesso.  I then used Finnabair Rust Effect Paste set to add colour.  On top of that I have used some Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes.  The photo album is made from beige cardstock.  The cover for the album is heavier weight metallic cardstock.  I used the same Bugaboo Stamps image for the outside of the tin and the front cover of the photo album.  I coloured some wooden snowflakes with the Finnabair Rust Effect Paste for the outside of the tin.  The snowflakes on the photo album have been die-cut from blue cardstock using a die from Sissix.  Matting of the image is gold metallic paper.  The photo album fits neatly in the tin - I sat it at an angle on top of the tin for photographing.

1 comment:

  1. Love this altered tin!
    Thanks for playing with us at day 3 of the Christmas in July event from Bugaboo.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete