Thursday 14 January 2021

Handmade Background

For the New Zealand Card Makers January Challenge, we were asked to create our own background.  In mid-December, I bought some Brusho Powders and had a play with them.  Recently I got to thinking whether they would work over an acrylic paint Gelli Plate print so this was my chance to find out,

This is the result of my playing:


I also stencilled a stitched piece on using a stencil from Montarga Stamps and Black Soot Distress Ink.  You can see some of it in the lower right corner.

The white die is from Tattered Lace.  I was going to add a sentiment but I didn't like how it looked so added three little butterfly stickers instead.

I would like to enter:

Always Fun Challenges - Something New (Brusho Powders)
http://alwaysfunchallenges.blogspot.com/2021/01/challenge-196.html

Creative Sketchy Girls - Anything Goes
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.com/2020/05/chalenge-55-alles-mag-20-december.html


4 comments:

  1. wow this is so stunning absolutely beautiful...great design and awesome colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the richness of your background suze, and the drama of the white die cut is a fabulous feature
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for our Challenge!
    So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this grat background and the white die cut is a special eyecatcher.

    ReplyDelete