Wednesday 23 April 2014

Distressed Cactus

I'm not sure that I really got the concept here - but I have given it a go!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Little Miss Muffet - Distress
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/challenge-83-distressed.html
CHNC Pattern Paper - April
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-april.html


I have used two different papers in the background of this card.  I tore the edge of the top layer paper.  The image is from Little Miss Muffet and coloured with copic markers.  I inked the edge of the die-cut with Distress Ink - Antique Linen.  I crumpled the die-cut and then dotted some Distress Stain - Tea Dye onto a plastic sheet and swiped the die-cut across it.  I inked the reverse of a chipboard die-cut with Antique Linen and then dotted the edges with the Tea Dye.  I tied a piece of twine in a knot on top.

3 comments:

  1. This is great, Suze! Fun use of the cactus image! Thanks for joining in on the Little Miss Muffet challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job of trying out the distressing! I see that you pulled in some inking and tearing, both perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun at LMMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with another lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete