Wednesday 16 April 2014

Surfin' Starfish

This starfish is catching some waves!  Not the weather here at the moment to be heading off to the beach as we are definitely getting into winter now!


I am entering the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/blast-from-past.html
Chocolate Coffee and Cards - Stripes
http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/challenge-62-yipes-stripes.html
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration (chevrons)
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/pinspirational-challenge-103.html

I have used a scrapbook paper for the background.  This is one that I have had in my stash for a long time!  I used some offcuts of chevron paper as well.  The image is from Fresh Brewed Designs and coloured with copic markers Y06, Y02, YR00, B000, B05 plus Glossy Accents for the wave.  I used blue cardstock for the matting.  The starfish embellishment is one I have had for a while - actually wish I could find some more as it is a great embellishment for aquatic themed cards.  I have also added three small blue pearls from Sullivans.

4 comments:

  1. Suze this is a pretty summery card, love your starfish embellishment just the perfect finishing touch to your lovely card. I think you've had worse weather than we have, the boys tell me you've had a lot of rain down there last week, we haven't had any just a little drizzle no rain. Oh and we're off to our beach house tomorrow night after I pick Liam up from school tomorrow, Ryan finished last week and I have to pick the boat up from Rollo's Marine as my husband pride and joy is having it's first service this week. Take care and have a lovey Easter weekend and great school holidays. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sweet Wednesday 2 and good luck. Happy Easter.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is the way to make winter go away! LOL. What a cute card, love the fun image and perfect papers. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for the Beach!! Super cute card!! Love your soft papers and the image is adorable!! Always love to see your cards at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!!
    Blessings to you Suze!!
    Sally SSW2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card , I am ready for the Summer Sun and Fun too.Thanks for joining us at CC&CC for our Stripes challenge. Crystal - DT for CC&C

    ReplyDelete