Monday 29 October 2012

Sparrow, Duct Tape & Bath

What do these three words have in common?  They are the random words chosen for the challenge at Tuesday Alchemy!
http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.gr/2012/10/challenge-37-random-word-inspiration.html

I had fun with this challenge.  I'm hoping that my birds in the bird bath are actually sparrows - not good on my bird species but they sort of look like sparrows to me!  The duct tape was an interesting addition but I used that as part of the background and it turned out quite interesting I think!


The background is strips of duct tape on a diagonal across a white card blank.  The image is bird bath from Broken Box Stock.  I stamped an acrylic stamp sentiment underneath the bird bath and then die-cut using a Spellbinders scallop oval die.  The matting is burgundy cardstock.  I die-cut four buttons using a Memory Box die that I purchased at the weekend when I attended a card workshop and sale day.  For some contrast, I have added some ribbon roses around the largest button.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Suze your card is so adorable. Absolutely brilliant using duct tape to create the background design for the base of the card. So happy you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy. I how you will join us again.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete