Tuesday 4 August 2015

Flowers in a cup

I was inspired to create a cheerful summery card today - to uplift my spirits a bit because it has been overcast and gloomy all day and this evening is raining fairly heavily.



I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/sweet-blast-from-past.html
Chocolate Coffee and Cards Challenge - Flower in the image
http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/cc-96-flower-in-your-image.html

I used some more of my old scrapbooking papers that I bought some years back and have never used.  The image is from Deedee's Digis and has been coloured with copic markers.  I added some Glossy Accents to the flower centres.  I liked the shiny look of these embellishments and felt that they went with the cheerful summery feeling I was after.  I also used some gold ribbon across the top layers and some deep red cardstock for the layering.


Here is the sketch that I followed:


6 comments:

  1. Very summery and cute! Love the embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image and your glossy accent centres, fab embellishments too.
    Thank you for joining in with us this week
    Anne SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suze if yesterday was gloomy today is worse I hate the rain especially if I've got to go out in it. Yes your card is very summery and a lovely image and embellishments to give that extra ray of sunshine which I could do with a present. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to agree with you there - it has been raining all day and doesn't look like letting up at all!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Suze. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card Suze! Thank you for joining the challenge of cc&CC. Hugs Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete