Tuesday 4 August 2015

Sweet Tweet


I took the candy cane theme right through the card - drawing inspiration from the candy cane in the image.





I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
From The Heart Stamps - Stamp of the Month
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/08/01/free-stamp-of-the-month-august-2015/
From The Heart Stamps - Sketch #114 + Twist
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/07/27/i-heart-card-sketches-with-a-twist-no-114/
Crafting For All Season - Christmas in July
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/challenge-106.html

I have used a paper from a paper pad by MME.  The image is from From The Heart Stamps and is the August Stamp of the Month.  I water-coloured the image using Distress Inks applied to a palette and then added water to the ink before colouring the image using a water brush.  The matting is green cardstock (source unknown).  I also used four different washi tapes across the card - including a candy cane one!!



Here is the sketch and twist that I followed:

4 comments:

  1. A new Image Comes to life ! You are the first who is sharing it, Suze. Great use of the Washi Tapes and the Candy Cane Background paper fits great.

    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month August Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 114 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute what a cheeky snowman,. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks so much for sharing with us at CFAS.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suze, this is so cute! I had no idea there were so many cute washi tapes. I love the candy cane theme--so festive!

    ReplyDelete