Sunday 6 May 2012

Christmas Inspirations

This challenge was all about choices (in the form of a bingo card).  Check out the following link and you'll see what I mean:

http://natalduranteoanotodo.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/desafio-452012-bingo.html

For my bingo combination, I chose to go horizontal on the top line (digi stamp, black, white).  This is how it turned out:


I used:

Black and white worded scrapbook paper
Cre8tive Hands digital stamp - 4be77522
Spellbinders Nestabilities dies - Large circles
Grey scrapbook paper
Black cardstock
White grosgrain ribbon (American crafts)
Copic markers

I originally coloured the scarf using a pastel yellow copic (Y00) but found it was still too bright on the colour so toned the scarf and the nose (Y35) down by using a cool grey (C1) over the top.  I wanted the colours to be fairly muted so as not to detract from the black and white effect. I think it was worth the effort of toning the colours down and I'm pleased with the end result. 

This is not a colour scheme I would normally choose but I'm glad that I did this challenge and worked outside my comfort zone with this one.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. We hope you will play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it :)
    Thank you for sharing!!
    Michelle,
    Cre8tive Hands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

    ReplyDelete