Tuesday 9 July 2013

Childhood Memories of Ice-cream Trucks

When I was younger, there was nothing better than the sound of the Mr Whippy van to signal that it was summer.  This image brings back a lot of fond memories:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/pinspirational-challenge-64-and-dt-call.html
De Creatieve Zebra - Summer and ice-creams
http://decreatievezebra.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/challenge-27-zomerse-kaart.html

I have used a paper from a Raspberry Road Designs paper pad called "Summer Goodness".  I have also added two diagonal strips of Trendy Tape (similar to Washi Tape).  The image is from Jellypark Friends and very much reminds me of my childhood.  I have coloured with copic markers - I know I used G000, YR000, C3, C5 on the van and E00 for skin but forgot to write down the clothing colours!  I have added some pre-coloured ribbon roses with leaves and two clear heart rhinestones.  I have added some Eucalyptus Stickles to the roses and a smear of it under the hearts.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, this reminds me of waiting at an ice-cream van for my ices. lol. Hugs, Jen :-) xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Lovely image, this brings back memories....
    Thank you for joining De Creatieve Zebra!

    Love, Dieke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card x I love your washi & that lovely die cut shape shows off the image beautifully.
    Thanks so much for sharing your card with us, @ Jellypark, on our summery stamp spotlight x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome creation, thanks for sharing with us at Jellypark! :)

    ReplyDelete