Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Beautiful Protea

I have always had a love of proteas and in nearly every house I have owned I have planted a protea.  As soon as I saw this image, I had to have it!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Paper Folded Embellishment
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/challenge-70-paper-folded-embellishment.html

I went in search of paper folded embellishments on the internet but couldn't find anything better than the one in the tutorial with the challenge.  Something about the shape of this suited the protea shape really well.  Rather than a brad through the centre I have added a flower shape rhinestone.  The image that I have used comes from Digi Stamps 4 Joy and I have used the colour scheme of my current protea for the colouring of this digi. The paper that I have used as a background comes from "A Type of Art" by DCWV.  I have also added some Dusty Pink rhinestones from Kaisercraft.

2 comments:

  1. What a very pretty card Suze, I love the colours. Hugs, Jen :-) x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, love your embellishment! Thanks for joining us at DS4J.

    Hugs,
    Annerieke
    DT member

    ReplyDelete