Thursday 19 May 2022

Especially For You

 This month, our swap group challenge was to use either inks or paints.  I started off trying to follow a tutorial using Distress Ink refills but I didn't have the correct paper for it and I wasn't happy with the result.

I then pulled out my Gelli plate, acrylic paints and some Fiskars Texture Plates that I haven't used for a long time.  I was happier with this background.  I made a number of backgrounds which was just as well as when I constructed the card, it looked good close up but the details got lost when I stepped back from it.  

The next card that I put together I used black on top of the background which was a much better contrast.


I used three colours of acrylic paints.  The dies are some Spellbinders ones that I bought some time ago (and were still unopened).  I added some black buttons as well as a sentiment which I matted with black cardstock.

I would like to enter:

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge - Anything Goes
http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/2022/05/may-2022-crafts-galore-encore-challenge.html


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Suze - the black against the background is really dramatic
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say it looks much better in real life Suze. I am lucky to be the recipient of this gorgeous card. Love the splash of black with the dies and buttons.

    ReplyDelete