Wednesday 1 May 2013

Queen for A Day

This card is for a special little girl's birthday:



The card is also for the following challenges:
CRAFT Challenge - Queen for A Day
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/challenge-204-25th-of-april-queen-for.html
From the Heart Sketches - Sketch 16
http://designed2delight.com/blog/2013/04/i-heart-card-sketches-no-16/
Totally Papercrafts - Flowers and Lace
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/challenge-164-flowers-and-lace.html

I have used some more of the papers that my Mum bought for me.  I used these on another card last week.  I have also added some lacy mesh that I bought on my travels yesterday.  We stopped for a break and cup of coffee/hot chocolate.  On the way to the cafe we passed a craft shop.  I wasn't going to go in as I thought it would be all quilting, patchwork, knitting type items.  I'm glad I did as I found some bling and also this lacy mesh that was reasonably priced.  Of course, I couldn't just buy it in one colour when it was so reasonable could I?  I have a couple of metres of four different colours so I'm sure it will make another appearance soon!

The image that I have used comes from Bugaboo Stamps and is one that I hadn't had the opportunity to use.  Colouring is with copic markers and matting is black cardstock.  I have added a copic coloured ribbon flower as an embellishment.





7 comments:

  1. Fun , sweet image and the DP fits great with the little princess. Pretty card !

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge @ Delightful Inspirations {from the heart}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a happy card...thank you for sharing it with Totally Papercrafts.
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure she will love it, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at TPC this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Suze! Love the image, so darn cute.
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and regal! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}!

    ReplyDelete