Tuesday 3 February 2015

Summertime Santa

The start of another month means the start of another challenge at CHNC challenge Extra.

We are in the middle of a hot humid period of summer at the moment so I was inspired to create a Christmas card with more of a summery feeling.  Here in New Zealand, we celebrate Christmas in summer so this image is very appropriate.



I have used Tropical Santa - Tubing from Bugaboo Stamps.  I coloured him with copic markers.  The paper is from a Christmas paper pad.  I added some wide mesh ribbon, a snowflake cut from glitter cardstock using a Spellbinders die, some star shaped metal brads, a blue rhinestone and some pearls.

I would also like to add my card to these challenges:
Penny's Paper Challenge - Anything Goes
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2015/01/pennys-challenge-212.html

3 comments:

  1. Hi what a fun Christmas card great design and colouring.thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and hope you will join us again soon and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! For me in the Northeast of the USA this image doesn't work for Christmas, but I guess when Christmas is in the summer (as it is for you) it's perfect! Love the papers you chose; it reminds me of waves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super design card for CHNC challenge extra for February - and very apt for the weather you are having - could do with a bit of warmth here. x

    ReplyDelete