Friday 22 November 2013

Western Gal

I won this stamp in one of the challenges at The Outlawz a couple of months ago and hadn't had a chance to use it before this!


I am entering the card into the following challenges:
QKR Stampede - Western Days
http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/qkr-stampede-weekly-challenge-64.html
Musically Challenged - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
http://musicallychallengedchallenge.blogspot.gr/2013/11/girls-just-want-to-have-fun-challenge-12.html

I didn't originally set out to create a CAS card but every embellishment I added just seemed too much so in the end I went with a CAS feeling.  I have used a paper from MME for the background.  I added a piece of deep red grosgrain ribbon from American Crafts.  The image is from Bombshell Stamps. and has been coloured with copic markers R59, R46, E08, E04, E00, W7.  I used some deep red cardstock and also some chocolate brown cardstock for the matting.  All the circles have been cut using Spellbinders circle dies.

My inspiration for the Musically Challenged video comes from the beginning where she is wearing the hat.  She also has something around the top of her dress which kind of looks like what this girl is wearing.

2 comments:

  1. Great CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at Musically Challenged!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! its great that you took such inspiration from the video...I actually thought about the hat! thanks for joining us at Musically Challenged...hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete