Monday 12 May 2014

Decorating the house for Christmas

These two birdies are getting their house ready for Christmas!  I think they might be having some problems with the lights!



I am entering my card into the following challenges:
From The Heart Stamps - Sketch + Twist
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2014/05/05/i-heart-card-sketches-w-a-twist-no-65/
The Corrosive Challenge - Banners
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.nz/2014/05/challenge-199-banner-day.html

I decided I would go back to using both the sketch and the twist this week - makes it just that bit more of a challenge!  I have used some striped cardstock from a Christmas paper pad by MME.  I embossed a panel of white as a contrast to the red.  The ribbon is a gold edged Christmas ribbon from my stash.  The image is from From The Heart Stamps and has been coloured with copic markers and then the snow on the roof highlighted with Stickles - Crystal.  I matted using red cardstock and the dies are Spellbinder circles.  The polka dot piece is an offcut from another card.  I also added three red rhinestones to the ribbon to help adhere it to the card.

Here is the sketch that I worked from:

1 comment:

  1. Love the embossing, it adds really nice texture! Thanks for joining in the fun at The Corrosive Challenge. Good Luck!

    DebbieM - TCC DT

    ReplyDelete