Tuesday 8 September 2015

Carol singing Snowmen

When I was younger the Salvation Army used to come around on the back of a truck singing and playing Christmas carols on Christmas Eve.  I haven't heard them for years.



I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
CHNC - Night Before Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/chnc-challenge-245-twas-night-before.html
Crafty Gals Corner - Embossing
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2015/09/challenge-35-embossing.html
Beccy's Place - Anything Goes
http://beccysplace.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/september-challenge.html

I have used a paper from a Christmas paper pad by MME for the background.  I recently went on a trip to Wellington for my son to look at the university there.  While he was looking at the university I visited a craft shop and came across "Shimmer Sheets".  I have used a piece of one on this card.  I ran it through an embossing folder and then sanded across it to reveal the inner colour of the sheet.  I'm quite pleased with the effect.  The image is from Beccy's Place and has colour added with copic markers C1, B000 and YR000.  I also added three white pearls from Rosie's Studio.

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous paper! Love the way it looks with the embossing!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I love the background Suze, how clever! The shimmer is gorgeous and I like the idea of roughing up the embossing to really make it stand out. Great job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shimmering background! thanks for joining september challenge, Petra DT Beccy's Place

    ReplyDelete