Saturday 11 November 2023

Happy Christmas

 This week's card for the Craft Roulette Challenge was a bit of a mish.   Part way through I realised that I had lost one of the parameters when re-sizing that part of the card.

The parameters for this week are A2 (there was a cheat's size that measured 5.5 inches x 4.25 inches which is way smaller than A2), forest colours (I used moss, leaves, mushrooms and berry colours), H (happy) and postage stamp or mark (that was the one I had issues with as my original postcard the postmark was too light and disappeared on re-sizing)

I would like to enter:

Craft Roulette - Episode 189
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4uOjd4dA-M

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch 266
https://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.com/2023/11/november-sketches-at-sweet-sketches.html

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2023/11/a-month-of-holiday-cards-challenge.html

The paper is an offcut piece from a card from earlier this month.  The postcards are from Nutcrafters (same image printed twice) and the image is from Just Ink Lined.  The sentiment is a clear stamp (probably from a magazine).  Colouring is with copic markers and inking of the edges of the image plus the postcards is with Distress Inks.  I also added some twine.

This is the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday that I mostly followed:

I replaced the three dots with a sentiment.



4 comments:

  1. What a great sketch and well done on managing to play craft roulette so well - a great result Suze
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image Suze... that's one tortoise who's totally in Christmas mode! You did a wonderful job combining all the different elements of your challenge, and the sketch as well!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Suze, your tortoises are really cute. Great colour design papers. I really like how you turned my sketch to work with your image. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I saw it on Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    I also have problems with my eyes - 5 operations for the glaucoma and since last year having injections in both eyes every four weeks for the macula degeneration, that is why I make mostly digital cards. (I also have bad arthritis in my hands). Best wishes

    ReplyDelete