Saturday 11 November 2023

Wishing you a Bright and Happy Christmas

Day 11 of the Month of Holiday Cards at Beccy's Place and today Beccy has chosen another non-alphabet prompt.  The prompt today is "Use Your Scraps".  I love creating scraps cards and have a number of tutorials saved.

I found a couple of Scrap Card tutorials that I haven't yet attempted.   This particular one was a great one for using smaller pieces - I used 4 x 3cm squares of each pattern.  I can see me using this one again.

Here are the scraps that I used


And this is the card I created with them

 


I would like to enter:

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards - Day 11 - Use Your Scraps
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2023/11/day-11-use-your-scraps.html

I have followed a tutorial for a Scraps Card by Sam Calcott.  According to one of the comments on the video, this pattern is called a Missouri Star (I wouldn't know as I'm not a quilter).

I have used scraps of papers from D, E and H alphabet prompts.  The sentiment is from Beccy's Place. I used an embossing folder (from a magazine) which is the only square embossing folder that I currently own.  Even though it is sprinkles, I feel it works with Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. WOW - love the quilted effect of this card Suze, and the soft tones are delightful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I love this Suze, it looks like a beautiful patchwork quilt! I wish I had the patience to actually sew one... for now I'll just have to settle for paper. Love the colours you chose, and the embossing is wonderful.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete