Friday 17 November 2023

Merry Christmas

This is a new challenge for me.  I came across it some time ago but have only just managed to participate.   I have adapted the sketch a little, but I can still see the original sketch. I just went to pull the link to the challenge and realised from the DT examples that I have mis-read the sketch.  The sketch is in the middle and there is a frame around it - I thought that was part of the sketch.  So, it is the same direction as the sketch but just has a bit extra with a border around it. 

I have used pinks and reds as the colour scheme - some of the pale pinks have photographed more as white. 

I would like to enter:

Sketch Saturday - Sketch plus no black and white
https://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/2023/11/sketch-738.html

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2023/11/a-month-of-holiday-cards-challenge.html

I created the background by inking four pink Distress Oxides on my Gelli Plate and taking a print.  I then ran the printed background through an embossing folder.  This particular folder is called Funky Poinsettia.  To keep with the poinsettia theme, I added two pre-made poinsettia embellishments (can't remember the brand as I bought them some time ago) as well as a tag from a magazine freebie. 

This is the sketch that I tried to follow:


3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Suze - love your inked and embossed base, and your use of the sketch looks pretty good to me :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job interpreting the sketch Suze... I don't think it has to be exactly the same, just enough to recognise where the inspiration came from, and you can clearly see that. Your poinsettias are gorgeous, I love all the layers. Fabulous colours too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great take on our sketch and it doesn't have to be exact just so we can see the sketch in it and we can in yours for sure, I can relate as I have done the same thing, more then once LOL!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete