Thursday 16 November 2023

Happy Holidays

 Day 16 of the Month of Holiday Cards at Beccy's Place.  Today's prompt is "Non-traditional Colours".  This is totally my wheelhouse - I love pushing the envelope with colours.  I have used a set that was coloured in red and green (with a touch of white).

In my pondering of what I was going to do with the white stripes on the candy cane, I accidentally coloured all the wider pieces orange (they were going to be similar to the red and green in the set).  That sorted the white stripes out.

I would like to enter:

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards - Day 16 - Non Traditional Colours
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2023/11/day-16-non-traditional-colours.html

Christmas Kickstart - Christmas But Not as we know It (added 22nd Nov)
https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/11/christmas-kickstart-challenge-80-its.html

The images and sentiment are from Beccy's Place.  The images are from an older set called Simply Christmas.   I usually use these for my mini cards but I thought I'd use them all together for a change. Coloring is with copic markers.  I also embossed the white layer in the background.

3 comments:

  1. An interest colour combination Suze, but effective! A fun card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful colour combination Suze! You've done a great job colouring all the little images... even if you started with a happy accident. The embossed background is a nice touch and I also like the simple sentiment.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely non-traditional combo! I did wonder about using this palette myself, but then went off in a different direction. Thanks for playing with The Sisterhood at Christmas Kickstart - so good to see you in our gallery, Jo x

    ReplyDelete