Thursday 27 September 2012

Sparkly Ice-cream

The challenge at Avadares for this month is to make it sparkle:
http://avadareschallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/avadares-challenge-3-make-it-sparkle.html

The freebie for September was a cute ice-cream so I decided I would work with that. 



The background paper is one from Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.

The image is the freebie for September from Avadares.  I just love the expressions on the faces of the ice-cream cone and also the scoop.

I have a fair bit of sparkle going on.  I started with the sparkly ribbon and then decided that it didn't look sparkly enough so added a strip of diamond shaped rhinestones.  Still not enough sparkle...so... the addition of some crystallina Kindy Glitz to the ice-cream and cones.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Suze. Thanks for playing at Avadares and thanks so much for this lovely blog post.

    Since you were the only entry using an Avadares image, Sara Dawn would like to reward you with a free digi from her shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/AvadaresBooks
    E-mail me at teresaa@eastlink.ca with your choice and I will get Sara to send you the image you select.

    Congratulations. I hope you join us tomorrow for our new challenge and a brand new freebie.

    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever make these sparkle!!!! The icecream's are awesome!!! Thank for wanting to make a card for Michael, time is defiantly on your side so have a great trip! Michael likes a variety of things such as Pokemon, Webkinz but also enjoys seeing a boy character or a buzzing bee..he appreciates so much even if it is simple. He doesn't have favorite colors or hasn't been able to convey that to me... Thank you from the bottom of my heart... I will send you the address when you get back.

    ReplyDelete