Tuesday 6 August 2013

Path of Positivity - Optimism

Today marks the start of Challenge 5 at the Path of Positivity Challenge.

Here is a card that I created for inspiration:
The background paper is one from DCWV - a matstack of night sky type papers.  This particular one reminded me of wind blowing through the trees and fitted the quote that I have used perfectly.  You'll have to scroll down a bit further to see the quote!  The image comes from Fresh Brewed Designs and is called April Swings.  I added some stitching around the image for definition.  The layout is based on the sketch for last week's challenge at Seems A Little Sketchy.  The pennant border is a Spellbinders die which I embossed and then added some colour to using Distress Ink - Barn Door.  The flower and leaves have been crafted using a couple of Marianne's dies and some scrap papers.

Now on to have a look at the sentiment:


The sentiment that I have used is one created by Lisa at Décosse's Dynamite Doodles.  I used a die from Spellbinders to cut the sentiment out.   I've used the same paper as on the outside of the card.

The sponsors and prizes for this challenge are:

* Ten digital images from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for the person out of the top seven who receives the most votes during voting week
 * Three digital images from Ike's World for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
 * Three images from Fresh Brewed Designs, this month's guest sponsor for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants
 * One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
 * One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

So, what are you waiting for.... head over to Challenge 5 at Path of Positivity.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Glitter n Sparkle - Add Some Red
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/challenge-44.html
The Outlawz Thursday Challenge - Make own embellishments
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursday-challenge-august-1-ends-august-7-make-your-own

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job Suze! I love how your papers elicit such a feeling of nature. You can almost hear the wind whistling through the trees if you listen close enough to the rustling of the leaves. What an incredible diecut you've used for the sentiment! Just beautiful. I'm so happy that you are on this journey with us as part of the wonderful design team over at the Path of Positivity. I'm surrounded by the most amazing woman. I'm truly lucky indeed!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete