Friday 16 August 2013

Your Body

Inspiration for this card comes from the video "Your Body" by Christina Aguilera.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Musically Challenged - Your Body
http://musicallychallengedchallenge.blogspot.gr/2013/08/your-body-challenge-5.html
Robyn's Fetish - Lots of Layers
http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-172-lots-of-layers-8112013.html
Crafting for All Seasons - Something Hidden
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/challenge-58-something-hidden.html

I have used two parts of the video for this card - the retro TV and the pink confetti.  My teenage daughter and I were looking at the video together and she said "Why don't you do a shaker card Mum?" when she saw the confetti at the end.  I had been thinking of the Retro TV and then remembered I had an image from Birdie Brown of a retro TV that would be perfect to use.

I cut out the centre of the TV and then applied some acetate over the hole.  After a long search for some pink confetti - seems to come in any colour but! - I finally found some that worked.  I have used a pink card blank to keep the pink theme in there.  When I completed the card, it still seemed to be lacking a bit so I dotted some Glossy Accents around and then covered the whole card with more pink confetti, left it to dry and hoped for the best!

I'm not entirely sure of my entry into the Crafting For All Seasons challenge as my interpretation may be a bit off!  The confetti in the shaker part of the card is largely hidden until you shake the card!

6 comments:

  1. I love shaker cards! this is awesome! it totally reminds me of the TV at the beginning! thanks for joining us at Musically challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shaker card! Thanks for playing along with us at Musically Challenged!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shaker card and great image Suze, love your colouring. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layers card, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish lots of layers challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous shaker card, great retro TV.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shaker card. Thanks for joining in with us at Musically Challenged

    ReplyDelete