Thursday 21 June 2012

Candy Cane Card

This week over at Winter Wonderland, the challenge is all about candy canes:
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/candy-canes.html

This is the first card that I made:

The image is one from Cr8tive Hands.  I have coloured this image with my copics and die cut it using Spellbinders large circle dies.

The background paper and the matting paper are from my stash.  I have attached a piece of red grosgrain ribbon over the top of the background paper, stamped a Happy Christmas sentiment and built a flower using some flower pieces that I had and a centre of a red rhinestone.

4 comments:

  1. fabulous candy cane interpretation and gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the backing paper that also looks like candy canes.
    Thanks for joining s at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. I'm glad you made the same connection with that paper that I did.

      Delete
  3. A candy cane for sure! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete