Wednesday 13 June 2012

Sassy Studio Designs - Add a splash

For this challenge, you need to add something wet:

http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-128.html

I added my splash to my background:



I used Lumiere paints in Pearl Emerald Green, Pearl Blue and Hi Lite Red.  I swiped these across some heavyweight paper using a make up sponge. 

Over the top I have placed a strip of lace to give a break between the background and image without losing the background.  The image is one of the Sassy Studio Design recent releases called Katniss the Sassy on Fire.  I have coloured her using copics in blues and greens and used E000 for the skin and R000 for the hair.  My teenage perfectionist daughter won't be happy with the colours I've used as they are not the ones used in the books and movie!!!  I'll have to keep the card away from her as she didn't like my original colouring of Effie Trinket.  The image has been die cut with a Spellbinders Large Oval die and layered using a Spellbinders Large Scallop Oval die.  The matt has been coloured using the same green copic as on her dress - G05 - as I couldn't find any green cardstock to match.

I have left a sentiment off the front of the card as I wanted to keep the background as complete as possible and not overshadow it with a lot of embellishments.

3 comments:

  1. Super cool card........ love the color of background & image..............Thank you for joining us in the "Add something Wet" challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs!!!!!!
    Good Luck!!!

    SOMA (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Your background is great! Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Studio Designs challenge. Glad to be on the team with you.

    Jamie - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete