Tuesday 23 December 2014

Celebrate the New Year

This card was a bit more challenging.  I had an idea of the girl jumping out from the starburst.  However, it was hard to embellish without losing the starburst so I have ended up keeping it relatively CAS.



I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Digi Stamps for Joy - Celebrate Something New (New Year)
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/challenge-106-celebrate-something-new.html
CRAFT Challenge - New (New Year)
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/challenge-290-18th-of-december-new-year.html
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/12/its-challenge-time-yahoo.html
Vandicrafts Artistry - CAS
http://vandicrafts.com/vandicrafts-artistry-challenge-22-anything-goes-cas-clean-simple/

I have used a paper from a paper pad which I edged with Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers.  I just got a set of the round applicators - so much easier to use than the rectangular ones!  I also edged the sentiment from Desert Diva  with the same Distress Ink.  The image is from Digi Stamps 4 Joy and coloured with copic markers and then fussy cut.  I also applied some Stickles to the trim on the girl's top.  I coloured some glitter domes with copic marker BG15 and added one to each corner.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at ds4j this fortnight and good luck in the draw
    Hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week and Happy Christmas!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and fun card! :) Thank you for sharing on this weeks Artistry Challenge. Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘CELEBRATE SOMETHING NEW’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete