Wednesday 24 December 2014

Happy New Year

Another summery New Year's card.  With warmer temperatures at the moment and it really starting to feel like it is summer, I'm more inspired to create cards that reflect the season here (summer).  For me, New Year is all about cooling off from the humidity so a mermaid is an appropriate image!

I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
CRAFT Challenge - New (New Year)
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/challenge-290-18th-of-december-new-year.html
Dilly Beans - Happy New Year
http://www.dillybeanschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/dilly-beans-challenge-ring-in-new-year.html
Creative Craft Cottage - Colour Palette
http://creativecraftcottage.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/challenge-30-colourchristmas.html

I have used a paper from Kaisercraft that had two of the colours of the colour palette at Creative Craft Cottage in it.  The paper has a sort of misted feel to it.  The image is from Dilly Beans and coloured with copic markers.  The sentiment is from Desert Diva and I have added some Liquid Pearls to the water bubbles.  I matted with some glitter cardstock from DCWV.  The flowers were white but I sprayed them with some Dylusions Spray.  The rhinestones centres were already there (I just had to be careful to wipe off the Dylusions Spray to keep them vibrant.  I have also used some lace from Sullivans and some pearls which I coloured with copic marker YG03.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Suze, I love the cute image. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete