Thursday 25 December 2014

Celebrate

As seems to be the case with a number of my favourite challenges, the challenge at Delightful Challenges is closing at the end of December.  The theme for the final challenge is "Celebrate" and I found I had the perfect image for this theme!  Another of my favourite challenges, Seems A Little Sketchy, is also closing so I used the sketch for this card:



I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Delightful Challenges - Celebrate
http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/weekly-challenge-celebrate-our-very.html
Open Minded Crafting Fun - All White
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/challenge-26-all-white.html
Seems A Little Sketchy - Sketch 80
http://seemsalittlesketchy.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/80-stamping-dragon-designs.html

I have used white cardstock to print the sentiment from Desert Diva.  The top part of the card was embossed with an embossing folder.  I covered the join between the two pieces with some white grosgrain ribbon.  The image is Laidback Lucy from Digital Delights.  I coloured her with copic markers E00 and E41 together with a white pen and liquid pearls.  I matted with some white glitter cardstock from DCWV.  I added some liquid pearls to the sentiment and some pearls to the embossed part of the card.

Finally, I would like to say Thank You to all those responsible for the Delightful Challenges blog.  Although, I have only joined in recently I have enjoyed the challenges and appreciate all the work that goes into hosting a challenge.

I would also like to say Thank You to all those responsible for the challenge at Seems A Little Sketchy. I love having sketches to kick start my mojo and there have been some great ones in this challenge.  This is the first of three cards I hope to be able to complete for this final challenge.

3 comments:

  1. It certainly is a wonderful image, so is the font you have used, one of my favourites, thanks for joining us at Openmined challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, love the embossed background.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
    Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie, love the embossed background and the couple of pearls added. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete