Wednesday 24 December 2014

New Year at the Beach

Here in New Zealand, we are in summer.  New Year is often spent at the beach so to me Beach Huts represent New Year.  It probably seems weird to those in the Northern Hemisphere!  Not sure that I'll get to the beach this year.  Unfortunately, it seems to be the hotspot of parties nowadays and not a place of relaxation.



I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
CRAFT Challenge - New (New Year)
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/challenge-290-18th-of-december-new-year.html
Delicious Doodles - New Year
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/happy-new-year-ch115-at-delicious.html
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.nz/2014/12/AG-CH-13.html

I have used a paper from a new paper pad by Kaisercraft which is beach themed.  The image is from Delicious Doodles.  I merged a sentiment from Desert Diva with the image.  I liked the reflected sentiment - reminds me of a reflection in water.  I added minimal colour to the image as I wanted a more masculine feel to the card.  I added some rows of ric-rac braid to represent waves.

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! The colors are fabulous and so is the great mirror effect for the sentiment. I wish I could be on the beach!!!

    Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Great image and the sentiment is great too. Thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination.

    Lynn, ID DT

    ReplyDelete