Tuesday 18 December 2012

Balloon Bouquet

I was really drawn to these two papers and have used them to create a card with a much softer colour palette.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Designed 2 Delight - use supplied image
http://designed2delight.com/blog/2012/11/november-free-stamp-of-the-month-balloon-bouquet/
Sweet Sketch Wednesday- Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/sweet-sketch-wednesday-184-day-for.html

The sketch that I have rotated is this one:


The papers that I have used come from a paper pack by Glitz.  I usually layer the top background paper onto cardstock and then onto the bottom background paper.  This week I decided that I would use peelcraft stickers for the red border on the sketch.  I have used some gold glitter tape from American Crafts.  I found a packet of silver glittery ribbon roses that I thought would look nice on cards as embellishments.  However, the silver clashed with the colours on the card so I got out my copic markers and coloured it.  It now matches the flowers in the background paper.  I have used copic markers C1 and R02 for the colouring.  The image is from Designed 2 Delight and is called Balloon Bouquet.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Your Mouse Balloon Bouquet is so cheerful! And I love your papers!
    Merry Christmas!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little mouse. I love your papers and the stitching you have added. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable mouse. Love that stitching and your mouse just post in the soft pink against the browns. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW=DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute!! Love the papers and the image is so sweet!! So very glad you joined us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!! Always love to see your cards!!
    Blessings to you Suze!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. These papers are gorgeous Suze. I really like the simplicity of the layout. Thanks for popping by today and leaving all your lovely comments. I hope that you and your daughter had fun at the craft fair. I was just mentioning to my husband tonight that it really doesn't feel like Christmas yet. I hope it hits soon, I'm running out of days! Take care and if I don't talk to you before then, have a wonderful Christmas!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suze this is such a sweet image, love your colour combo very soft tones and pretty design papers. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Merry Christmas.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card!!!! Love your sweet image and the use of the stickers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a darling card! Love that sweet mouse and the pretty soft colors of your card. The papers are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the soft colors and your stitching looks great. Thanks for joining us @ Designed2Delight !

    ReplyDelete