Monday 31 December 2012

Letter Z and snowflake

I wanted to use one of my Bugaboo images for this challenge at ABC Christmas:

http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/z-for-zoo-animal.html

I am also entering this card into the challenge at Broken Box Stock which asks for a snowflake:

 http://brokenboxstock.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/challenge-17-winter-snowflakes.html

But it was really hard, when my teenage son kept saying "That's not a zoo animal". Mind you, I did think the kitty cats were pushing it a bit much but he vetoed the penguin, sheep (okay so we have more sheep in this country than people but it might be in a zoo in another country!), bear (cos it looked more like a teddy bear and they aren't zoo animals!), and on it went. That left me two images to choose from - monkey or elephant!

 



 

I have used an image from Bugaboo called Elephant Topper. The background paper is from a paper pad by Craft Spot. The sentiment is from Mudmaven Designs and I have edged the sentiment with PeelOff Stickers and added some red rhinestones. The snowflake has bee die-cut using a Spellbinders Die and white cardstock.

3 comments:

  1. Another great card Suze. I love the flourish you have going on, on the left side of the card. What is that? Also, what was the issue with the penguins? They are most definitely zoo creatures. However, I have to agree about the sheep, I've only ever heard of them in a petting zoo and yes kitty cats and teddy bears might be pushing the envelope a bit. I guess it depends on your definition of zoo.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...such a sweet card - love that heffalump!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card love this image and love the Border too! So pleased you could join in the fun at ABC Christmas challenge this week, hugs Samantha :0)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete