Wednesday 5 August 2020

With Deepest Sympathy

I usually colour sympathy cards in pastels but I have gone a bit bolder this time.



I would like to enter:
Jan's Digis - Anything Goes
https://jansdigistampschallenges.blogspot.com/2020/08/august-challenge-anything-goes.html
Creative Knockouts - Tic Tac Toe - centre column (Dry Embossing + Image + Sentiment)
http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.com/2020/07/361-tic-tac-toe-jans-digi-stamps.html

I have used an embossing folder from Couture Creations to emboss the background.  The image and sentiment are from Jan's Digis.  Colouring is with copic markers.

4 comments:

  1. Suze, Charming! Thank you for featuring my "Church Sympathy" stamp set on your comforting creation with the beautiful dry embossing and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Join us each month for a NEW challenge. HAPPY CRAFTING!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and the colors you chose are beautiful. So glad you joined us for our Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were just adding to your card stash and didn't actually need this card! It turned out beautiful!!! I love the embossed background!!! And you colored Jan's images so well. My mom always taught me to pick sympathy cards with muted colors, nothing bright or garish. I have only made a few, but I typically go monotone with either grays or blues. I should probably make a few for the stash. Thankful to have not needed one due to Covid! Thanks so much for playing along at Jan's Digi Stamps and I hope you'll come back again soon!
    ~Karen Page, DT Member for Jan's Digi Stamps
    Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just adding to my stash and didn't actually need it. I sometimes don't have time to make one when I need it. While I usually use muted colours I have been to some funerals where they say "wear purple" etc so I am trying to get a few in my stash in bolder/different colour schemes.

      Delete