Saturday 4 November 2023

Hot Cocoa Weather

 I haven't managed to enter many challenges over the past 6-8 months due to issues with my eyes.  Eye surgery was not as smooth sailing as it was meant to be and then the time period for organising new glasses was quite a few weeks as the optometrist wanted to re-check the prescription a few weeks after the first check to make sure that they were actually stable before ordering the glasses.  I finally got my new glasses last Monday and so far, the headaches seemed to have largely stopped and I am able to spend longer than 20-30 minutes on the computer.

Two of the challenges that I am participating in are ones that I haven't participated in since the beginning of the year.  November is also my favourite month for creating Christmas cards so, many of the cards that I create this month will be Christmas themed.


I would like to enter:

Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes
https://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/11/challenge-212.html

Try Stampin' on Tuesdays - Sketch plus Hot Drink
https://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/2023/10/challenge-630.html

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2023/11/a-month-of-holiday-cards-challenge.html

This was a great sketch for using scraps smaller than card size.  The red and white stripe piece wasn't wide enough to cover the entire front of the card but as the embossed piece covers the part that it doesn't, there is now one less scrap piece in my scraps container.  The image is from Pattie's Creations and the sentiment is from Beccy's Place.

I followed the sketch and twist at Try Stampin' on Tuesdays


 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the surgery didn't go well Suze, hopefully things will settle down for you now that you have your glasses. I'm glad to read that the headaches have subsided.
    Your hot cocoa card is wonderful, I love the embossing and the festive striped paper! Fabulous.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute and I love the swirly embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Suze - love that you were able to use up some scraps. Great colours also.
    That was some marathon with your eyes, glad to hear things are largely resolved now
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Love the embossing folder and cute cup image with the candy cane! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I love how you used one of my images. It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Anything Goes”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete