Wednesday 1 November 2023

Kendra's Sketch Challenge - Card 1

 I recently came across a quarterly sketch challenge and decided to participate.  The only drawback for me was that I wanted to do a Christmas theme and the majority of my Christmas paper pads didn't have many non-directonal papers.  To create the entire set of 15 cards, it requires 6 non-directional papers.  I did find one paper pad with 5 non-directional papers and then had to make a directional paper try to fit the required cuts.

I am going to progressively upload the cards throughout this month.  The intention is to upload three per day but we'll see how I go on that.

This is the first card using Sketch 1:


 I would like to enter:

Kendra's Card Challenge #12
http://www.kendrascardchallenges.com

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2023/11/a-month-of-holiday-cards-challenge.html

I have used a Christmas paper pad by Rosie's Studio.  The image is from Beccy's Place.  Coloring is with copic markers.  I pulled one of the colours from the smaller strip of paper for the gem colour.  I used an embossing folder for the white background.

3 comments:

  1. I love that deep red Suze, such a fabulous colour, and it looks even better matched with the white. Great idea to emboss with a poinsettia pattern, it compliments the image perfectly.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice take on the sketch Suze! The embossed background really brings out the red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Suze - love the white contrasted with deep red
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete