Wednesday 29 November 2023

Merry Christmas

So far today, the weather is quite cool so I'm going to try and get some cards completed and uploaded.  I have quite a few that I am still working on.

I'm not sure that I got the "fantasy" part of this challenge but this Victorian image appealed to me.  Growing up the lily that I knew as a Christmas Lily was a red/pink and white variety called Lily Regale.  When I moved to the North Island of the country, the Christmas Lily is a white lily (which might be called White Heaven but I can't be certain of that).  Considering we are a small country, it is surprising that there are two different lilies that are thought of as Christmas Lily.  I am not entirely certain whether it is different between the islands or just the region that I live in now does it's own thing.

I would like to enter:

Gecko Galz -Victorian Fantasy
https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2023/11/november-challengevictorian-fantasy.html

Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards
https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2023/11/a-month-of-holiday-cards-challenge.html

The digital paper, image and sentiment are all from Gecko Galz.  I added some self adhesive vintage "lace" and also some pearls.  I kept the colour scheme to the Christmas Lily colours of my childhood.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Suze! Between the colours you used and the image you chose, you've managed to represent both Christmas lilies from New Zealand. Well done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great result Suze - I have only ever known the White lily as the Christmas Lily (I am a North Islander)..
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete