Thursday 24 July 2014

Goofin' Around

 I'm never that enthusiastic making shaped cards but decided to have an attempt at making a round one.  I left one edge with a bit of straightness so that the card can open (couldn't figure out how to create a round opening card!)


I am entering my card into these challenges:
A Day For Daisies - Round Card
http://adayfordaisies.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/take-two-july-club-kit-challenge-100.html
Clear It Out Challenge - Christmas and Glitter
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/07/christmas-in-july.html
Craft Your Passion - Christmas in July
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/challenge-223-christmas-in-july.html
Corrosive Challenge - Christmas in July
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/challenge-204-christmas-in-july.html

I used some scrapbooking paper that I have had for ages to cover the circular card.  The image is from A Day For Daisies and has been coloured with copic markers R14, E49, E47, E18, E15 plus Stickles - Crystal.  I also added an organza ribbon with holly leaves on it.

4 comments:

  1. Lovel elegant card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours and paper are so lovely.Such a stylish card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x
    P.S. I usually cover the front with another full circle to get rid of the straight edge.Also I trim a small slither off the bottom edge inside so that it stands up OK and doesn't notice too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job on the circle card. Love the image. Great coloring too. When I made circle cards, I always cut an extra circle to cover the straight edge of the base. You can also make circle easel cards this way too. Check out my blog and there are some on there if you would like extra inspiration. www.emsmanythoughts.blogspot.com. Thank you for joining us for Clear It Out's Christmas with Glitter challenge.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, sweet image , wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete