Sunday 28 June 2020

Swim

As soon as I saw the Gecko Galz monthly image for June, I knew what I wanted to do with it.  It has taken the rest of the month to actually carry that out!

I coach swimmers and need a book to write the programmes in.  There is nothing worse than a plain book so I decorated the front of it:



I masked off the left hand side so the spine is still the same colour as the book orginally was.  I applied gesso to the remainder of the front cover.   Once the gesso was dry, I think applied some acrylic paints in a swirly pattern.  I let that dry and then added some Cosmic Shimmer in blue and white over the top. 
Once I had the background done, I stuck down the image, lettering and some ephemera.  I still have to seal the front cover to keep it clean but have learnt from experience to do that after I photograph it.

I would like to enter:
Gecko Galz - Monthly Image Challenge
http://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/p/gecko-galz-image-challenge-of-month.html
Gecko Galz - The Colour of Summer
http://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-color-of-summerjune-challenge.html

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous image Suze, and I love how you have used it on the book cover
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Gecko Galz with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Gecko Galz
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great - the perfect topic for you! CarolG

    ReplyDelete